Hi there and welcome to Pinecone Cottage Retreat. I am so happy that you are here and I would like to tell you a little about myself. I am first and foremost a Christ follower and I hope that you see His love in every post I write. My husband Michael and I have been married for over 35 years and we have 3 grown children who are a joy to us.
I am also a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and I have been teaching Nutrition at my local Community College for over 30 years. I live in the Tri-City area of Eastern Washington…not the Evergreen part of the state. Instead we have a wonderful warm and dry climate that is great for gardening.
Pinecone Cottage is my little garden shed under the pines. As a wife, mother and Nutrition Instructor life can get hectic. When the stresses of life start to creep in, this is a place to get away and relax. Here is where I can garden, create a new craft, read a book or laugh with friends. Come visit me as I spend time in my hideaway. I hope that you will leave feeling refreshed and renewed.
Here is a list of the some of the things that I am passionate about….
- Books, New and Old- I love to read
- Cooking- Soups and Pies are 2 of my favorites
- Gardening- Flowers, Herbs and Vegetables
- Crafting- Using natural materials and Paper
- Coffee- I must admit that this is a bit of an addiction
- A Cozy Fire- Real or Gas it doesn’t matter
- Vintage Wares- Aprons, Pyrex and Red handled kitchen tools
- Flea Markets and Antique Stores- I’m fond of old junk
- My Cabin Retreat- My mountain get-away
Just like your life, mine is jam packed. I am writing this blog as a way to ‘get away’ from the stress of work, bills and dirty laundry. I hope that you will spend some time at my retreat and together we can relax and enjoy a quiet moment. Please share some of your passions with me as well. Thanks so much for stopping by.